Welcome to the 47th edition of the Money Hacks Carnival.
This is the first ever carnival hosted at Money Beagle, and there were a lot of great articles submitted this week. Thanks to everybody that sent in your blog posts, as I had a great time watching football and reading through the articles this weekend.
Please accept my invitation to stick around and read some other articles on my blog. My goal is to entertain and help others with personal finance issues by sharing my own ups and downs. Please consider subscribe to my RSS Feed or having Money Beagle delivered daily via e-mail.
On to the carnival!
Since this is my first hosting, the theme this week is Beagle Lessons. These beagles (and the posts in each category) will each teach some great lessons.
Beagle Lesson: Make sure to celebrate when you’re on your A-game!
- Household survival tips: 6 ways to entertain your family for less posted at Home I Own. This is a good reminder that you can have fun without spending money. I think in this day in age where people often equate money with happiness, this is a good article to read. It shows that having family fun can be achieved without having to break the bank.
- Lower My Bills Cable Bill Edition posted at Paying For Retirement. I think the ideas presented for trying to get lower bills are great, and the author posted them in a logical, detailed approach. The steps here can apply towards a lot of bills, not necessarily just cable!
- Popular movie rentals – Alternative Options posted at Passive Family Income. I’ve seen a lot of these suggestions but this brings a lot of great ideas into one for renting movies. Great job!
- Cheap, easy spot remover posted at Funny about Money. I’ve had a lot of things pick up grease stains and am anxious to try this great trick out!
- Would you take a 10% pay cut if it meant saving an employee? posted at Budgets are Sexy. This is a great question that I wonder how many of us would answer if we did a deep honest look into ourselves.
- Stanford researchers prove you can spend 20% less on gifts for the same result posted at Monevator.com. This is a great article that brings us back to the days of ‘it’s the thought that counts’ as something to consider when purchasing gifts.
Debt & Credit
Beagle Lesson:If you’re not happy with your situation, let those know who can help you change your situation!
- Why I Want to Be Weird About Money posted at artofthecoupon.com
- 3 Financial Decisions for a Great 2009 posted at Watson Inc
- Emergency Fund by HELOC – Bad Idea posted at Save and Conquer
- New Year’s Debt Resolution Step 5: Create Your Plan posted at DebtGoal
- Lending Club Review: A Leading Peer To Peer Lending Network posted at The Digerati Life
- Paying Off Your Mortgage Is a No-Brainer posted at Len Penzo . Com
- How much house can you afford? posted at How to Make 7 Million in 7 Years™
Beagle Lesson: Even when things aren’t good, try to find the silver lining. It’s got to be there somewhere
- The New Rule for Building Wealth posted at Writing for Your Wealth
- Obama 2009 Economic Stimulus Plan – It’s Gonna Be Big! posted at Free From Broke
- Has Society Lowered Their Financial Standards posted at stumbleforward.com
- Inflation: How to Beat it with Smart Financial Planning posted at 20 SomethingFinance.com
- Foreclosure Hits Sinners and Saints posted at financial reflections
- What Does Obama’s Economic Recovery Plan Mean For You? posted at Wealth Junkies
- Basic Ideas for Balancing a Budget posted at Out of Debt Christian
- If Hyperinflation Strikes, What Would You Use as Currency? posted at Tough Money Love » Hard Truth and Tough Love for Money Problems and Personal Finance
- Obama’s Economic Recovery Plan: New Details About the American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan posted at Prime Time Money
Frugality & Saving Money
Beagle Lesson: If your spending habits have gotten a little ‘too large’, it’s never too late to get to work!
- The Key to Successful Negotiating posted at Free Money Finance
- A Penny Saved is a Penny… Saved posted at 15minutestoriches.com
- Make The Switch! Save Money Going Green by Buying Compact Fluorescent Lighting (CFL) posted at Richer Richard
- 5 Surefire Ways to Stop Thinking Your Paycheck is Never Enough posted at Money Ning
- Still Not Onboard? posted at SimplyForties
- Prevent Auto Theft & Home Burglary with Affordable Anti Theft Devices posted at FIRE Finance
- How to Not Pay Retail For Anything posted at The Strump – Financial Blog
- Free Franklin Planner templates posted at Money in the Bible | Christian Personal Finance Blog
- How to Get Three Meals from Leftover and Seemingly Stripped Turkey Bones posted at Condo Blues
- Six Ideas for a Frugal Family Game Night posted at Sound Money Matters
- How to Reward Yourself While Living on a Budget posted at Michael Emilio
- How to save more money posted at Wealth Gears
- Best CD Rates For High Yield Certificate Of Deposits posted at Money Blue Book
- How to Stock a Bar posted at Lazy Man and Money
- EverBank FreeNet Checking Account $40 Bonus posted at Personal Finance Reviews
- How I Plan to Save Money on Holiday Gifts with My Discover Card posted at Ms. Smarty Pants Know It All
- How I Saved $250/Year for Life with Comcast posted at Everyday Finance
- Finding Free IHOP Coupons posted at Personal Finance Analyst
- How To Have A Green Valentine?s Day posted at The Greenest Dollar
- A Simple Approach to Monthly Budget Planning posted at directloandebt.net
- Mastering Frugal Living- Becoming More Self-Sufficient posted at Think Your Way to Wealth
- Keeping A Change Jar At Home posted at Associate Money
- Budgeting vs. Allocating Funds: There’s A Difference posted at Personal Finance Ology
Beagle Lesson:Always be on the lookout for opportunities!
- Book Review – Working Longer posted at LivingAlmostLarge
- Lending Club $25 Sign Up Bonus posted at My Dollar Plan
Beagle Lesson:Always have a backup plan!
- Why Buy Long Term Care Insurance posted at Consumer Boomer
- Auto Insurance Quotes Dos and Don’ts posted at The Smarter Wallet
Beagle Lesson:Work hard, but don’t forget to relax.
- Is owning a sports team an investment or a hobby? posted at Intelligent Speculator
- My 2020 dividend cash flow goal – A Simplistic View posted at Dividend Tree
- GE: Keep Your Dividend or AAA Debt Rating, But Not Both posted at Dividends 4 Life
- Is it Unethical to Invest in Diseases that Can Be Treated, But Never Cured? posted at Steadfast Finances
- On the Phone: Another Try with Vanguard’s Brokerage Option posted at Uncommon Cents
- Free $25 for new lenders on Lending Club posted at Mighty Bargain Hunter
- How to Buy and Sell Loans on LendingClub’s New Trading Platform posted at The Dough Roller
- 2009 Traditional and Roth IRA Contribution Limits posted at Cash Money Life
- Buy-and-Hold a Thing of the Past posted at PennyJobs.com
- January 2009 Housing Market Trends | Tallahassee Real Estate Blog posted at Tallahassee Real Estate Blog
- Five Easy Steps to Create Security and Wealth posted at Beef Up Your Piggy
- Still Following My Investment System With No Tensions posted at My Simple Trading System
- Investing in the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats posted at fivecentnickel.com
Beagle Lesson:Know when you have an asset worth keeping.
- Free College Money: The FAFSA on Blueprint for Financial Prosperity posted at Blueprint for Financial Prosperity
- Holiday Spending 2008 – DD’s Quick Recap posted at The Happy Rock
- Five Personal Finance Books to Read in 2009 posted at Not Made Of Money
- Saving For Your Child’s College posted at The Family Wallet
- How To Live The Life Of Your Dreams (Visual Guide) posted at The Shark Investor
- Don’t Let a Joint Account Get You Out of Joint posted at Debt Free Destiny
That will wrap up the carnival for this week. Thank you for reading! Next week’s Money Hacks Carnival will be hosted by Pimp Your Finances. Make sure to submit your articles using this link.
Images from Flickr and all approved for commercial use via Creative Commons.