I usually do a roundup on Friday, but I thought I’d try one on Thursday this time!
There have been some great posts in the personal finance world since I last did a round-up on 4/9. Here are just a few of the excellent articles I’ve enjoyed reading.
Please take a moment to swing by these blogs, give them a read, and tell them that Money Beagle sent you!
- Personal Finance By The Book – Stretch The Life Of Your Mower By Giving Him A Name – I loved this post! It was a nice little story about the life of a lawn mower and how it took on a little life of its own and overcame little obstacles that other mowers probably wouldn’t have been able to, and all because it was given a name!
- Little House In The Valley – Homes In A Box…When Sears Ruled Mail Order – This is a very interesting article that goes back in time a few decades to when you could buy a house through the Sears catalog. Not a play house (though I’m sure they sold those, too) but an actual I’m-going-to-live-here house. I love houses and architecture so this one was an instant favorite!
- Fiscal Fizzle – Too Much Of A Good Thing? Mortgage Prepayments – Fizzle talks about a few different dynamics of prepaying on a mortgage, which is always an interesting topic. Not only is paying extra covered, but also the timing of payments. Very informative read for anybody that is looking at ways to reduce the ol’ mortgage.
- Free From Broke – Costs In Buying A Home Besides Your Mortgage – This is an excellent reminder about how there are many more costs involved in purchasing a home besides the monthly mortgage payment. First time buyers definitely want to read these, and anybody that hasn’t bought a home in the last year or so who might be planning to do so could definitely use a refresher course.
- Finance For A Freelance Life – Why I’m So Glad We Don’t Have A Car Payment – Mrs. Micah gives some real world examples (my favorite kind!) of how not having a car payment has made for easier paying of repair bills that are always going to come up. We have been car payment free for almost two years and it is wonderful!
Great job to everybody for some fantastic articles.Copyright 2017 Original content authorized only to appear on Money Beagle. Please subscribe via RSS, follow me on Twitter, Facebook, or receive e-mail updates. Thank you for reading.