The newest addition to our family (our second baby) is due any day. The actual due date is June 13th. My ‘guess’ was today, so we’ll see how things play out. With Little Boy Beagle, my wife was ten days late, so if history holds, we have a ways to go.
As we play the ‘waiting game’, here are some great posts I’ve read recently that I thought you might enjoy.
- Coupons have been all the rage thanks to TLC’s new show. Just like with anything, people try to cheat the system, as Frugal Confessions points out.
- Buying local grown flowers and vegetables can be a little more costly, but there are times where it is the right thing to do. See how this played out between generations at First Gen American.
- Should you be allowed to collect welfare if you test positive for drugs? The state of Florida doesn’t think so. See what Thousandaire thinks.
- Wise Bread has learned quite a few lessons about gardening over the years. Here are ten lessons that might prove helpful if you’re thinking about a garden (though it might be too late if you haven’t gotten started, depending on what you’re growing and what part of the world you’re in).
In addition, I was part of two carnivals this week:
- My Personal Finance Journey hosted the Totally Money Carnival
- Chief Family Officer hosted this week’s Festival of Frugality.
We might or might not be having a baby this weekend. What are your plans?