I don’t know about you, but this has just been a long week. I am happy it’s Saturday! Here are a few things happening and some great articles that I’ve read over the last couple of weeks.
- So Much For That – Last week I wrote about how Thursdays had turned into pizza nights as a result of our kids having swim lessons. And, wouldn’t you know it we already switched days! One of our kids moved up to a more advanced level, and they didn’t offer both kids classes at the same time on Thursdays, so Fridays it is! Still planning on pizza after swim lessons, though!
- When Not To Be Cheap – There are a lot of different ideas on when it’s OK to buy the ‘cheaper’ brand and when you want to avoid it. I am always fascinated by the different perspectives. Kayla at Eyes on the Dollar gives her thoughts here.
- Make Food Last Longer – There are few things more frustrating than buying something at the grocery store only to have it go bad before you get to using it. The Penny Hoarder lists 21 foods and how to store them, and some of these I definitely didn’t know!
- When Kids Outgrow Pools – We have a small kiddie pool for our kids and it’ll definitely be coming out this summer. But what do you do when the kids get too big? How about create a garden? I know, I never thought of it either!
- Fixing Kitchen Mistakes – Have you ever cooked something and ended up with more of it on the bottom of the pan than you actually got out of it? It happens! Here are some tips to get the food off that burnt off pan.
- Is The American Dream Dead? – I’ve lamented a few times that I think the American Dream, where each generation can hope to do better than the last from a financial perspective, is dead or dying. Stefanie O’Connell wonders if maybe, now that the dream is a few generations old, it’s time to re-write just what we expect that dream to deliver. Very interesting idea!
- April Fool’s Get You? – I didn’t get sucked into any big April Fool’s jokes this year. Maybe that’s good, or maybe it just means nobody tried hard enough! LOL. What about you, did you get taken by any pranks yesterday?
- Follow Your Dreams – You can reach your goals. If you find that you’re not reaching your goals, here are a few things you might want to look at that could be holding you back.
HaveCopyright 2017 Original content authorized only to appear on Money Beagle. Please subscribe via RSS, follow me on Twitter, Facebook, or receive e-mail updates. Thank you for reading.