Summer is in full swing. If you haven’t been to the beach, now’s the time! The water is still cold here in Michigan due to a late start to spring. Still, that doesn’t stop people from heading out and having fun. Here are some items to take to the beach for a fantastic day!
Clothing And Gear
- Swimsuits. Wear them or take them. Just make sure you have them.
- Towels. These are definitely an essential for drying off or laying on.
- Sunscreen. The sun is hot. Make sure you don’t end up with a burn. Take plenty of sunscreen. We like both lotion and spray.
- Bug spray. Every once in a while, the bugs like to enjoy the beach, too. Keep this and use only if needed.
- Sunglasses. Protect your eyes and avoid squinting with a nice pair of shades.
- Blanket. The sand is great but it gets in places you don’t want it to get. Protect yourself with a beach blanket.
- Flip Flops. The sand gets hot. Make your walk up and down easy on the feet with a pair of flip flops.
- Shirt / Cover-Up. You might need something to throw on without changing.
- Change of Clothes. The day at the beach must end eventually. Nobody likes getting into a car sopping wet. Have some clothes available to change into.
- Beach chairs. We’ve got a couple of beach chairs that are easy to carry and don’t weigh much. These are a must have.
- Sun umbrella. You can get an umbrella to clip onto your chair or one to stick in the sand. Make sure it’s within reach, though, in case those winds off the water kick up.
- Cooler / Drinks. Bring plenty to drink, including water to stay hydrated in the hot sun.
- Snacks. Grab some stuff that’s easy to access and won’t make a mess. Nothing that melts!
- Something to read. Have some fun on the beach but take some time to relax. Bring a book, magazine, or Kindle.
Water and Fun
- Toys. Kids and adults like digging in the sand, right? Some shovels, buckets, and balls to toss are always a great find.
- Floaties. There are few things more relaxing than floating around in the water.
- Water Shoes. If the beach is rocky, a pair of water shoes is a must-have to keep your feet happy.
- Money. To go to the snack stand and purchase ice cream, of course!
If you’re heading to the beach this summer, have fun. Remember, be safe and bring along the right stuff to make it the best trip ever! Readers, are you heading to the beach this year? What’s your favorite beach memory?Copyright 2017 Original content authorized only to appear on Money Beagle. Please subscribe via RSS, follow me on Twitter, Facebook, or receive e-mail updates. Thank you for reading.