Today is Leap Day, the extra day that comes about once every four years!
Let’s think of some of the winners and losers when it comes a Leap Year!
- Winner – Stores – They get an extra day in the month to report sales. If sales go up 3% does that mean they really went up or was it because of an extra day of spending?
- Loser – Salaried employees – If you get paid twice a month, then February is a pretty good month since you will have more pay over less days. But, this year you’ll work an extra day in February.
- Winner – Companies that pay salaried employees – They get an extra day of productivity with no extra labor costs.
- Winner – Hourly workers – If you get paid by the hour, you’ll get an extra 8 hours this month.
- Loser – People that hate February – Though this winter (for us anyways) has been pretty mild, February is usually one of the snowiest and most depressing months of winter. An extra day typically does nothing to improve ones mood who cannot wait for the seasons to start changing
- Winner – People born on February 29th – You get a birthday this year! Go celebrate!
Who else wins and loses on Leap Day? Do you treat it as just another day?Copyright 2017 Original content authorized only to appear on Money Beagle. Please subscribe via RSS, follow me on Twitter, Facebook, or receive e-mail updates. Thank you for reading.