I don’t know about you, but there just don’t seem to be enough hours in the day anymore. There are just so many things to do and not enough time to do them. We can’t ever get more hours, but we can find some ways to be more productive. This will allow you to get more accomplished in the same amount of time.
6 Tips To Be More Productive
- Remove Distractions. I always find that when I have a lot going on around me, I get less done. Find a way to stay focused by taking away external influences. Turn off the TV. Turn down the ringer on your phone. Close the door. The more you stay focused on the task at hand, the more efficient you’ll be at getting it done.
- Set Deadlines. If your to-do list is filling up with things that you want to get done, but don’t have deadlines, this could spell trouble. After all, there’s always tomorrow with no consequence, except that you start getting overwhelmed. Add deadlines for things you want to get done and work on sticking to them.
- Prioritize. If you have 20 things to do, figure out the most important ones, and work from that list first. Too often, we spend time just trying to decide on a task. Setting priorities will make this an easier process.
- Work on one thing at a time. It’s tempting to bounce from one task to another. Resist the temptation. If you divide your time 25% each working on four different task, you’ll get less done than if you focus 100% of your time on one task.
- Take breaks. It may seem counterproductive to walk away from your work, but you need to. After working on one thing for too long, you’ll start dropping off in efficiency. Taking a few minute break here and there will let you reset and better focus when you return.
- Track your progress. Make sure you keep track of how you’re doing. Getting things done and crossing things off your list will help keep you motivated to get more done.
There’s No One Productivity Solution
I hope that the suggestions above help. In the end, they may work for you or they may not. Each person works differently, so some of the items may help you, and some may not. There may be others I haven’t thought of. But, these should be good starting points for anybody looking for ways to be more productive.
Readers, how do you improve your productivity? Do you have any tips or tricks that you can share with me and other Money Beagle readers? Please drop a comment below. Thanks for reading.