Not much new to report other than our first subscriber-only cash giveaway is about to go live. This giveaway will be easy. Subscribers will receive an email telling them where to leave a comment and one random comment will be selected to win $50.
I'm not asking like some other sites do for you to perform a variety of tasks in exchange for entries. This is going to be easy to enter and good opportunities to win.
If by some stroke of magic I get 50 new subscribers, I'll double the prize to $100.
Make sure you enter your email below to receive the email with instructions on how to enter.
Here are this week's…
Best Personal Finance and Lifestyle Writing of the Week
- Brave New Life mocks another one of those mainstream financial posts that question bold money moves like retiring early.
- Joe Atikian released an excerpt of his book Saving Money: The Missing Link to the Globe and Mail in Canada. He discusses the psychological barriers to saving money.
- Money Crashers analyzes the dog eat dog world of venture capital through the lens of the TV show Shark Tank, a reality show where entrepreneurs go in front of super-wealthy investors like Mark Cuban and pitch their need for investment.
- Doug Casey at Casey Research takes a look at the ascendance of sociopaths in US government. A fascinating topic.
- Corey at 20s Finances shares his own college money mistakes so young people can learn and avoid.
I was recently featured in a few Carnivals. Please check out these great sites below.
- Carnival of MoneyPros at Money Reasons
- Yakezie Carnival at Tackling Our Debt
- Carnival of Retirement at The Frugal Toad
- Financial Carnival for Young Adults at 20s Finances