I gave myself two cheat days this past weekend and ate grain for the first time in 9 weeks. I think I overdid it (gained 7 pounds over the weekend and had massive heartburn on Monday). Most of that weight has went away by now though.
Married (with Debt) had its biggest traffic week yet, thanks to two features on Interest.co.nz, a popular New Zealand personal finance site. Also, somehow my 10 Rules page got put up on Facebook and Pinterest, driving massive traffic (thanks for the Pin and FB action!)
If you are on Pinterest, check out my page. I just joined yesterday. Don't expect to see any wedding cakes or pretty dresses from me, though!
In other news, our Subscribing Pays $50 Cash Giveaway is about to happen. I have already sent the email to subscribers telling them where to enter.
THERE IS STILL TIME TO SUBSCRIBE (UNTIL SUNDAY) TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN.
BEST PERSONAL FINANCE (& LIFESTYLE) WRITING OF THE WEEK
- Andrea at So Over Debt has a piece on whether PF bloggers should be aggressively telling people what to do with their money.
- Jon at Free Money Wisdom tells a great story of how he started his own Craigslist moving business and made thousands of dollars.
- At Serendipity's Guide to Saving, she comes clean about her student loan debt and that she will continue to have a life while paying down debt.
- Emily at Evolving Personal Finance shares how she had a great wedding on a budget, and by their own rules and expectations, not those of other people.
- Len Penzo, a speaker at the upcoming Fincon 12 Conference, shares his past addiction to Coke Rewards. Definitely the Dave Barry of personal finance writing.
As usual, I was featured in some carnivals this past week. Thanks to the hosts for including me.
- Carnival of Financial Camaraderie at My University Money
- Totally Money Blog Carnival at Stupid Cents
- Festival of Frugality at One Smart Dollar
- Carnival of Retirement at Passive Income to Retire
- Carnival of MoneyPros at Beating Broke
- Yakezie Carnival at Watson Inc