As I write this, I am trying to tie up some loose ends before heading to Louisville, KY for a co-worker's bachelor party. We aren't very close, but he has no friends outside the office so that's why I'm going.
I just checked my blog stats and I've had 23 people from Louisville read my site since the beginning of the year, and they stay here for an average of 3:30″. On the Internet, that's an eternity. I like Louisville because they like me!
I am excited about opening night at Churchill Downs, and I hear that this will be their first night races. The Kentucky Derby is a week away, so I'm expecting a high energy city.
Even though it's probably gonna cost me $300-400, we were very diligent this month keeping spending down, so I will probably be able to cash-flow the expense.
Because I'll be gone Friday, Saturday and most of Sunday, I may not be available to reply to comments or approve the moderation of new commenters. Don't worry – I'll be back!
I want to dedicate this week's “Best Of” post to some of my special Yakezie friends.
BEST PERSONAL FINANCE (AND LIFESTYLE) WRITING OF THE WEEK
- Melissa at Personal Finance Journey presents some smart ways to spend a windfall (think:tax return).
- The Debt Princess helps us avoid money mistakes by revealing 10 things she did that we should never do.
- Andrew at 101 Centavos shares some free ways to support tomato plants for you home gardeners.
- Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance shares some wealth lessons she learned from seeing Bruce Springsteen in concert.
- Andi at Meal Plan Rescue has been rather sick lately, so make sure you show her some love by reading Planning Meals When You Are Sick.
- Matt at RamblinFever Money wonders if it's ok to put your eggs in one basket if it's a sturdy basket that you control.
- Amanda at Frugal Confessions has been analyzing her energy consumption and ways to save money. Make sure you check out the series.
My writing was featured in the following Carnivals. Make sure you check them out.
- Carnival of Financial Planning at Boomer and Echo
- Totally Money Blog Carnival at My Personal Finance Journey
- Carnival of Financial Camaraderie at My University Money
- Carnival of Money Pros at My Journey to Millions
- Yakezie Carnival at Faithful With A Few
- Carnival of Retirement at Broke Professionals