As I write this we are about to head to my parents' house to go swimming. As I finished typing that sentence, my wife informed me that our 7 year old has a mild fever. She's been coughing a bit for a few days; summer sicknesses are hard to understand. Well, she volunteered that she wanted to stay home, which is something she would never say, so she must be sick.
Swimming is about the only thing you can do when it gets this hot, which is a shame. This is the second summer in a row ruined by extreme heat. When it's this hot, you can't take your kids out and ride bikes or kick balls.
Some good news: I finished my 2-week assignment at work. I go back to my other office for 2 days before going on vacation for two weeks.
I want to thank everyone who continued to visit and leave comments during the last two weeks. As I mentioned, I've not been able to be as active and reciprocal with the love, so I really appreciate it.
As I finish this short post, we've already decided to postpone swimming until tomorrow, to see if she's better. That's life with kids.
BEST PERSONAL FINANCE AND LIFESTYLE WRITING OF THE WEEK
- Canadian Budget Binder has a great analysis of Mr or Mrs Moneybags, people who act like they are wealthy when they aren't.
- I Heart Budgets has a rumination on credit cards. Like many, Jacob tried to do the cash thing, but realized he was leaving money on the table. Now he realizes he's spending more because of the cards. What to do?
- Fearless Men talks about optimism and pessimism, and how we view the world affects our lives. I can attest to the positive benefits of actively trying to erase negative thoughts and focus on the positive.
- Michelle at See Debt Run talks about a crazy party with breakdancing and wine, that culminates in….a book club invitation. When we hit 30, we just party differently.
- My Money Design has some money lessons from the Jack Nicholson movie About Schmidt. I really like posts like these that tie personal finance to media.
Weekly Carnival Roundup
- Yakezie Carnival at The Ultimate Juggle
- Carnival of Fin. Camaraderie at The University of Money
- Carnival of MoneyPros at My Family Finances
- Canadian PF Happy Hour at Canadian Personal Finance
- Wealth Artisan's FinCarn at Wealth Artison
- Y & T's Weekend Ramblings at Young and Thrifty
- Carnival of Financial Planning at Family Money Values