My dad and a reader both recently pointed out that I needed to change! I haven't updated my Money Beagle bio information in quite some time.
So as you can see they didn't point out that I needed to change myself. Rather, that I needed to change the ‘about myself' page here on my blog. My dad noted that my age was pretty far off from what I am today, and a reader asked why we are saving for my son's college education, but not for my daughter. As my daughter is now almost 5 years old, I realized that I needed to get on this. Yikes!
Updating My Money Beagle Bio
So, last week, I went about updating the info on my About Me page, and I found it interesting to reflect on the changes that have happened in the last few years. Here's just some of the few:
- I've Gotten Older. When I last re-wrote the page, I noted that I was in my mid-30's. Looking back, that was probably a stretch, but even so I crossed from my 30's into my 40's over a year and a half ago, so I'm definitely older. Not sure about wiser, but definitely older!
- My Blog Is More Personal. I love blogging but if you notice, it's not about money in the typical sense. Having written for nearly eight years, I just can't write the same themes over and over again. I still love talking about money and finances and debt and all things related, but more how they fit into my everyday life. I mean, it is PERSONAL finance, right? 🙂
- Updated The Changes In Our Family. As noted, I don't think my daughter was born yet when I wrote the last update, so she's now been added to the page(as well as noting that yes, we are contributing to her eventual college education). Both of our cats passed away in the last couple of years, so I had to remove them. We still miss them!
- My Wife's Shop. My wife stays at home with our kids, but she's also built a successful online design shop on Etsy that now provides our family with some extra income, which even funded our family trip to Disney World last year.
- Debt. I still don't like debt but our situation is ever changing. As such, I updated this section as well.
Keeping Up To Date
While it makes me cringe a bit that I overlooked this page for so long, at the same time it gave me a pretty cool opportunity to see how much has changed and in some ways while in others they've stayed the same. Being able to take a step back and look at this journey we call life is pretty cool.
Readers, where were you five years ago compared to today? Have you kept up to date on updating your ‘About Me' sections? What information is important? Do you update a blog, your resume, your dating profile, or wherever else that info resides?