This site is about helping people, both financially and in all aspects of their lives.
Because I want this site to be a community, you will see from time to time, guest posts from readers and fellow financial bloggers.
Below is MW/Debt's first guest post by Martha Jackson – thanks Martha! – John
Frugal Living is All About Creating the Debt Free Magic in Your Life
Frugality is more of a magic that helps you recreate life, a debt free one. Frugal living helps you save more money than you could through an ordinary budgeting plan. Thus, it also helps you to reduce expenditures and provides you the means to pay off debt.
Once you are in debt, becoming debt free may seem to be a tough job, but if you have additional money in hand, you can use it to become debt free.
Being debt free can be peaceful, so why not practice frugal living?
Frugal Living Tactics and the Magic
First of all you will have to understand that a penny saved is a penny earned. A penny, though a small amount, can help you save lots. Small amounts can add up to a big amount one day.
So, practice frugal living as it can help you save money, even if it's just a penny on your daily expenditures.
Frugality is more like a magic because:
- It lets you turn one thing into another – Frugal living causes you to turn one thing into another. For example, you can turn an unused cell phone into cash. You can sell off an item that you no longer need and make money out of it. You can also use a pair of old jeans to make a designer bag if you have a knack for creating new designs.
- It helps you find savings from impossible places – Just like magic, through frugality you may be able to find savings from the most unbelievable places. In order to do this you need to have a hawk’s eye. For example, you will have to check the bottom of a diaper bag before throwing it out for discount coupons. Another thing is, you will have to check the back of the store receipt before throwing it out as these sometimes have discounts printed on the back.
- It gives you the thrill of achievement – When you practice frugal living, you are always making something new, recreating something out of an old item, saving money from most unbelievable places, and so on. This helps you to bask in the glory and thrill of achieving something. In fact, there is nothing like watching yourself performing the magic of saving money out of an improbable situation. So, frugality makes you a happy person in the long run.
- It makes the world a better place – With frugal living you are able to learn slowly but steadily the importance of money and savings. As you go on saving money and lowering your expenditures, you go on discovering the newer aspects of saving money. You can then help others learn how to save money, thereby driving misery out of the lives of others and making the world a better place.
- It helps to reduce stress – While going frugal, the most important thing that you are required to do is become disciplined. Along with that, you also are required to lower your expenditures as much as possible. This can help you to pay off debt and thus helps you reduce stress. Reduced stress will mean a better and more peaceful life.
These are the things that frugality can help you achieve.
If you practice frugality, at the same time you will be able to save money, pay off debt, secure the future, become a more disciplined and better person and make the world a better place too.
Author’s Bio: Martha Jackson loves to write financial articles and she is a contributory writer associated with the Debt Consolidation Care Community and has written several articles on debt consolidation, debt settlement and get out of debt for various financial websites. She holds her expertise in the Debt industry and has made significant contributions through her various articles.