Let's review the goals I set for September and see how I did:
- Continue to work out – Mostly accomplished – I was doing great up until my wisdom tooth surgery. I haven't gotten back into it yet, just because my recovery has taken a bit longer than expected, but I am gearing up to get back into it full swing next week pending doctor approval.
- Recover from wisdom tooth surgery – Mostly accomplished – My surgery for extracting teeth was rather complicated, and as an update to my post, I had a further complication last week when a small hole appeared between my sinuses and one of the extraction sites. The surgeon was fairly confident that this would heal on it's own. I'll find out more next week. So far it seems to be doing well, and I'm back to eating all but really crunch foods.
- Figure out what to do with my MY money – Somewhat accomplished – As I mentioned, I bought a pair of running shoes with money that my parents gave me for my birthday to spend on myself. I still have some left, but am in no hurry as I don't want to spend just for the sake of spending, but would rather wait until something truly important comes along. In any case, the money is earmarked accordingly.
- Sell a car / buy a car – Not accomplished – Again, I'll blame the wisdom teeth. I have a few small things I need to get straightened out, as well as do a thorough cleaning. I'm moving this to October.
- Do good in my fantasy sports leagues – Accomplished – I had dropped from first to fourth in my baseball league, but am now at second. Either second or third is likely for me, and that will ensure me some prize money. I also started off 2-1 in my football league, so I can't complain. This week might be brutal, though, as I've got a double whammy of injuries and bye week players that are leaving me no choice but to field a bunch of scrubs.
- Get caught up on insurance co-pays – Accomplished – Everything is finally caught up with the bills from Baby Beagle's delivery. I also had an issue to work out with regard to coverage for Baby Beagle's immunizations that was straightened out. Even the oral surgery bills are pretty much finished off, except for one claim that I'm expecting to run through any day.
- Get back on the treadmill – By the end of the month I should be fully back into the workout routine unless something really creates a setback with the wisdom teeth removal.
- Sell a car / buy a car – I'm moving this one up a month and see no reason that it can't happen.
- Winterize around the house – Some of the windows need re-caulking and I'd like to have the furnace tuned up to make sure everything is running efficiently.
- Donate – I have stuff that needs to be donated that has been with us for way too long. Getting rid of those piles in the basement and the garage will help get those areas clean, and hopefully help others that can use the items.
- Figure out our Netflix plan – Right now, we're on the $4.99 minimum plan where you get two movies per month. We've actually now gotten into a habit where we like to watch a movie on Saturday night. So, this leaves us two or three movies short per month. I am convinced that our library has a decent enough selection where we could supplement our Netflix rentals with free library rentals, but my wife is skeptical. We need to go check it out and determine if we can stick to our current Netflix plan or if we will need to bump back up to the next highest plan ($8.99) that would allow us to watch a movie a week.