Find the Best Personal Loan for Your Needs
Lingo of A Personal Loan
When applying for the best personal loan options, you will come across terminology that is synonymous with personal loans. Therefore, it is essential that if you are new to the industry of loans, you become acquainted with these terms.
- Secured Loan – A loan that requires collateral for approval. This is normally for loans above $25,000 and is used as a method to ensure payment for risky loans.
- Unsecured Loans – A loan that does not require collateral. However, if you are late on the loan it will still affect your credit score drastically.
- Credit Score – Your overall score according to the three main credit bureaus depending on your financial history.
- Interest Rate – The amount of money you will pay monthly alongside your minimum payment for your personal loan.
- Gross Income – Your income before taxes.
- Total Amount Repayable – The capital amount borrowed with the interest charged.
Know Your Credit Score
Once you have become acquainted with the terms used during personal loans, it is time to check your credit score.
Why is check your credit score important?
Checking your credit score gives you a bit of insight as to what the lender will see when you apply for a personal loan. It also provides an opportunity to dispute any discrepancies and better prepare yourself when looking for the best possible lender. It is always best to look for lenders that work with your credit score average. In Baltimore, there are many personal loan lenders that work with your credit score, whether they are credit unions, banks, or private lenders.
Shop Around for The Best Lender
When shopping around for the best lender, look for the following:
- Interest rates
- Terms and conditions
- Physical address
Shopping around for the best personal loan is as equally important as shopping for a mortgage. The reason being that a personal loan with high interest and many fees can harm you in the long run and leave you feeling burdened. Therefore, it is always best to look for the top lenders in your area and what they offer.
Are Payday and Title Loans the Same as Personal Loans?
No not really. A payday loan, or cash advance, is easier to get and has a shorter term but higher fees and much higher interest than personal loans. This is the case with even the best installment loans. The same is true for title loans with the addition of your car being used as collateral. Be very cautious with these types of loans.
Personal Loans in Baltimore
1157 Merritt Blvd, Dundalk, MD 21222, USA
4.2 / 5 Stars
403 Frederick Rd, Catonsville, MD 21228, USA
4 / 5 Stars
Lendmark Financial Services LLC
1401 Merritt Blvd # B2, Dundalk, MD 21222, USA
4 / 5 Stars
EZ Money Lending Company
825 N Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
No website found
5 / 5 Stars
Christine has a solid background in personal finance as she spent the last eight years working at one of the biggest banks in the US. She managed her own team of financial advisors that helped hundreds of people with their financing needs. Her understanding of different financial products and loans helped her move up the ranks quickly after graduating with a degree in Business Administration.