I'm going to try something new and post some random thoughts that aren't big enough to justify their own blog posts, as well as mix in some links to other blog articles that I've enjoyed over the past few weeks.
- Weather – I don't know about you, but we have had a heck of a warm finish to winter. Here in Michigan, we did have a couple of February snowstorms, but that was about it for the year. Now, our temps have been 10-25 degrees warmer than average for awhile. No complaints, but just keeping our fingers crossed that this doesn't come at the expense of warm summer days!
- Income Loss – Not many people would find it in them to write an inspirational post after losing half of their household income, but Kristen at Joyfully Thriving does so, which is why this is one of my new favorite blogs to read!
- Frugal Moment of the week – Last Saturday, we wanted to get the kids out of the house and go do something. The kids couldn't agree on an activity, so we split up. I took my son to a local place where he could build Lego for a couple hours. Since we have a membership, it was free. My wife took my daughter to a movie. The local theater has a thing going on in March where they show a second run kids movie all weekend, and it's free for kids and $1 for adults. Our grand total for a couple of hours of entertainment was $1.
- Self-Escrow – Megan at Counting You Pennies wrote about something that I do but have never been able to come up with a good name for. Assigning your money to particular funds is a technique I've employed for years, so this was a great read for me.
- Water and RVs – We've had our RV for a few years now and the one thing that constantly terrifies me is water. Water and RVs just don't mix. Last year we had a leak in our storage compartment that got under the flooring and ran all the way down to the other side of the unit, leaving a floorboard that's softer than I like. This year, when I went to check on it, no leak, but a tarp that I'd left in there had condensation underneath, which I now understand the reason for. Not as big of a deal, as it was on top of the linoleum only, but it keeps that nagging fear alive!
- Entitlement – Aaron at Three Thrifty Guys noticed a trend in a recent traffic situation that made him wonder if having more money leads to people acting poorly.
- Dating – It's been over ten years since I was out of the dating pool, but Christina at Adventures in Frugal gives a great idea that I had to share for any single guys reading. This is a move I definitely might have tried (well, I'd have talked about doing it anyway) had I read this ten years sooner!
- Weekend Plans – This weekend is supposed to be in the 60's here in Michigan, so we are planning a trip to the zoo. They've got a brand new $20 million dollar penguin exhibit that's set to open soon, so we're hoping that maybe we can catch a glimpse if they try a soft opening. We also have to work on a project for my son's spring fair. He has a great imagination, so I know that once we get started, this is going to be awesome.
Hope you have a great weekend!