Looking back, I had a variety of jobs in college, and I’m glad for every single one of them. Here are a list of the jobs that I held at one point or another during my four years of college:
- Tour Guide – Gave tours to potential incoming students. Lots of fun and I always liked seeing familiar faces the following year.
- Phone-A-Thon Rep – This only lasted a week or two, but we got to call alumni and bug them for money.
- Computer ‘Lab Rat’ – Sat in one of the three computer labs that the college had, answered questions, did troubleshooting on basic problems, and acted as a deterrent to people overusing the printer.
- Resident Assistant – My senior year, I was an RA on a freshman hall. Man, did I feel old!
- Paid Internships – I was in a program which required us to do two internships, one instead of taking classes for a semester (we made them up with a summer session) and another the following summer. Both were paid.
- Working back at home – My aunt and uncle owned a collectibles store, and if I was home for the holidays or for the summers where I wasn’t involved with internship activities, I’d work there.