Baby Beagle is less than two months away according to our doctor! Wow, how time has absolutely flown.
Scary and wonderful at the same time!
Anyways, some of the things we’ve done over the last few months:
- Purchased our baby furniture – We ordered baby furniture from Buy Buy Baby, who also owns Bed, Bath & Beyond, so we were able to use 20% off coupons for all of our furniture. Added bonus: When the salesman put the order in on the computer, the prices were about 10% less than what they were labeled on the sale prices. Very pleasant surprise that saved us a little extra
- Registered for showers – Both of our mom’s have generously offered to each throw us a shower, so we registered for all the stuff we thought we’d need, and then some!
- Painted the nursery – We have a four bedroom house, so we had the luxury of each having an office. With the baby on the way, we knew it was time to combine offices. So, we had to move all of our stuff together, which also made us clean out and throw out a TON of stuff. That’s a good thing, and it’s amazing how much stuff you gather in just a year and a half (which is how long we’ve lived in our house). After that was done, we re-painted the room (green on three walls and green and brown stripes on the fourth wall), added some closet shelving and also added a ceiling fan (all with the help of my father-in-law).
- Lived financially as if my wife wasn’t working – Today was my wife’s last day, actually, but we’ve been getting our financial business in order well in advance. I’ve leveled a lot of our monthly expenses so that there aren’t as many peaks and valleys, and we’ve been cutting back my wife’s paychecks to where we automatically put the money somewhere other than our bank account, so that we’re prepared once the paychecks stopped. This has involved us changing a lot of spending habits, namely eating out, buying clothes, and entertainment. We’ve spent the last two months living basically as if my wife wasn’t bringing home an income, so now that she’s not going to be, it won’t be as daunting.
- Gone through most of the childbirth classes – Our instructor runs a class that meets once a week for three weeks. We’ve completed two weeks and will wrap up next Monday. It’s been an ‘eye-opening’ experience especially since they show you videos and all. Yikes! But, it’s taught us a lot and we’re feeling much more prepared about a lot of things.
All in all, we’re getting ready, and even if we weren’t, it’s happening regardless!